In This Edition of the Gluster Newsletter
- Envoy Media Group Selects Gluster for Public Cloud Storage
- New Videos: Automatic File Replication & Self-Healing
- New! – Gluster Resource Center
- Gluster CTO Named to CRN 2010 Storage Superstars List
- News – SDTimes: Developers Cluster Around Gluster Open File System
- Webinar Replay – Case Studies: Deploying Open Source Storage Clouds
- Start a Proof of Concept
Envoy Media Group is an innovative marketing firm that offers its clients highly-targeted media campaigns across multiple media channels including television, radio, the Internet, direct video and more. Envoy moved their IT infrastructure from a traditional co-location facility to Amazon Web Services to gain greater flexibility, take advantage of “pay-as-you-go” pricing, and lower operational costs. In order to ensure their media assets were always available, easy to share, and promptly delivered, Envoy selected Gluster in concert with Amazon EC2, EBS volumes, and S3.
Visit the Gluster Resource Center for all videos, white papers, quick start guides and more. Learn how to get started with setting up Gluster in your environment.
This CRN article spotlights 25 of the individuals and teams that looked into the future to design today’s storage industry. These talented individuals and teams have spent years or decades developing their expertise and perfecting the art of storing, recovering, archiving, and protecting data.
Gluster CTO, AB Periasamy, was named as a leading figure of open source to storage. Check out the full list of 2010 storage superstars here.
In this article, Alex Handy from the Software Development Times, interviews Gluster CEO Ben Golub. Ben discusses the importance of the Gluster community and how Gluster hopes to commoditize the NAS market with the help of its open-source developers. Read the full article.
Learn how two companies used open source clustered storage to build cloud environments on commodity hardware. In this webinar a panel of experts discuss:
- Key storage trends and the importance of open source storage
- The value of scalable storage, why it matters and what you should look for
- Cloud storage, is it real and what are the practical use cases
- [intlink id=”1111″ type=”page”]View the on-demand replay[/intlink]
If you are looking for comprehensive assistance and consulting to ensure a speedy and successful trial of Gluster in your environment we now offer a 60-day proof-of concept (POC) to get you up and running in no time. Gluster support staff will work closely with you throughout the evaluation and test process saving time and lowering risk as you use the product in an environment directly related to your production implementation. During the 60 days you will have direct access to Gluster support engineers from architecture and design through testing and tuning. We will help you configure your storage solution to meet your specific use case and requirements.
The Gluster Team