I wrote up a new version both because we need it internally for new CloudFS developers and because others have asked. It’s about 50% longer than the old version, and would probably be twice as long if I hadn’t deleted the section describing the details of the call_frame_t structure (which just doesn’t seem that useful). Topics covered include:
- Dispatch Tables and Default Functions
- STACK_WIND and STACK_UNWIND
- Per Request Context
- Inode and File Descriptor Context
- Dictionaries and Translator Options
- Child Enumeration and Fan Out
Let me know if there are any significant subject areas I missed, or if there are errors.