About the Gluster and RightScale Partnership
Gluster has partnered with RightScale Inc., a leader in cloud computing management, to bring scale-out storage technology to the RightScale Cloud Management Platform. Customers can take advantage of Gluster’s software-only network-attached storage (NAS) solution to dynamically deploy and manage scalable storage in a RightScale cloud environment.
The RightScale Cloud Management Platform simplifies the deployment, management and monitoring of Gluster’s scale-out storage technology. This partnership enables organizations to deploy Gluster storage in minutes and manage data growth in a single global namespace in the cloud environment. Customers can use Gluster to extend the scalability and cost-effective benefits of the RightScale Management Dashboard to their cloud storage solution. By adding storage on an as-needed basis, RightScale customers can dramatically reduce costs, only paying for what they require, with no downtime or service interruption.
The Gluster Virtual Storage Appliance for RightScale is deployed as a ServerTemplate making it extremely simple to install and provides organizations with a highly available, scalable, and low cost cloud storage solution in minutes.
On-demand storage provisioning
- Deploy in a few mouse clicks
- Elastically grow, shrink, migrate volumes
- Automate large scale operations with a single interface
No changes to applications
- POSIX compliant storage layer abstracts cloud vendor APIs
- Maintain a multi-tenant environment; critical for cloud applications
High availability shared storage
- Aggregate multiple storage blocks into a single pool
- File replication (mirroring) for high availability
- Shared multi-tenant architecture
- Pay for storage resources when you need it
RightScale is the leader in cloud computing management. Founded in 2006, the company offers a fully automated cloud management platform that enables organizations to easily deploy and manage business critical applications across multiple clouds with complete control and portability. The RightScale Cloud Management Platform is delivered as “software as a service” (SaaS) and is available in a range of editions. To date, thousands of deployments and nearly two million servers have been launched on the RightScale platform for leading organizations such as PBS, Harvard University, Zynga and Sling Media.
RightScale offers a fully automated cloud management platform that enables organizations to easily deploy and manage business critical applications across multiple clouds with complete control and portability. RightScale offers:
- Cloud-Ready ServerTemplates – get up and running on the cloud fast.
- Managing Systems, Not Servers – manage groups of servers architected to work together
- Automation and Orchestration – from auto-scaling to remediation to automatic configuration, achieve a new level of ease in system administration of production deployments.